This recipe makes a wonderfully healthy family meal. Use organic berries and chicken to get the most from your meal nutritionally and flavor-wise. Serve your chicken on a bed of steamed veggies or on a dark leafy green salad.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 287 calories, 7g fat, 655mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 36g protein
For the Chicken:
1. Rinse the chicken tenders and pat dry. Place in a large ziplock bag.
2. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
3. *optional* Strain the seeds from marinade (If you don’t mind the crunch, then leave the seeds in!)
4. Pour the marinade into the bag of chicken, seal and place in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Place the marinated chicken in a baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, drain off excess marinade, then place under high broil for 4 minutes, watching closely. Remove when golden.
For the Blackberry Sauce:
1. In a skillet over medium low heat, combine all of the ingredients and bring to a simmer.
2. Simmer, stirring often, until the blackberries become bright and the sauce reaches desired consistency.
3. If you wish to thicken the sauce more, add 1/2 teaspoon of arrowroot powder.
4. *optional* Strain the seeds from the sauce (If you don’t mind the crunch, then leave the seeds in!)
5. Serve over the cooked chicken.
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers! Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter and subscribe your friends.
If you enjoyed this article, please subscribe to our emailing list to receive more inspirational and educational content. Also, if you haven’t already, please follow us on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.